Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A trip to Ed-wise

Finally shook my laziness off.. and went to meet our beloved intl-education-dalal Ashish at Edwise.

Lotsa new developments.. for starters.. my resume & SOP have already been dispatched to AAU.. and they have accepted them too !

Bottom-line being, except for doing the whole visa thing and the Plane Tickets.. nothing else is left to do !!! (procedurally that is..) Damn that got a smile on my face even through all this..

He helped me fill up the mock form for the visa application..

About the housing, well.. he said that ill have to write a request letter to Josh Wu regarding my six-month plan for the hostels.. am gonna try.. but prolly what is gonna happen is that i will end up staying there for the whole year.. the prospect is definitely not bad... i was hoping for a way to spend less. Well lets see how that goes..

There is this thing called the The Stars and Stripes lounge thing.

So i asked Ashish if its worth paying the Rs. 250 fee that is levied there..
He said that its much more comfortable and hassle-free... the exact way i felt i would wanna be before my interview. Also, the visa interview would be taken by a person who is either Caucasian (white) or an American of Indian descent (i.e. a US citizen).

The I-20 form that i have with me is the key to getting my loan-sanction letter. If my preparations are prompt, I can get the visa by the second week of June.

While coming down from the building, a subconcious part of me was like 'wow good timing for me to come here now i have some time and i can catch a rickshaw and go to bandra mebe get a chocolate for omg i cant and i forgot that i cant..'  :(  There was this heaviness while coming down from the stairs.. like how a person may feel if his heart physically sinks and goes right into the stomach..

I hope my post was comprehensive.. i wish i could tell this in person..

None else's

Toothy